Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 2: Brunette or Blonde

I sat down and wrote a list in my journal of things that bring me enjoyment. I have made a pledge to work on incorporating at least one of these things into each day. Today, I tackled #3- getting my hair done. Granted it was a little too short of notice to go to the salon, and plus if you've ever tried to wrangle an 11 month old at the same time, you realize the impossibility. I did the next best thing and purchased a box of hair dye from Walmart. As I stood in the aisle my initial inclination was to get the color of dye that I thought my husband would like- but quickly I realized that that would undermine the purpose of my recent search for self. So I ran through moments in my life when i really, truly, liked my appearance. I kept coming back to the hair color I had for my wedding reception in January 2008. It was a riskier, darker brown, but I loved it. I genuinely 100% loved the way I looked with that hair color. So that made my mind up, and a darker Brunette me was reborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment